Multiscreen, TV Everywhere, those are the buzzwords these days when it comes to video consumption. We don’t believe in buzzwords, we believe in “bizz words”: making business out of “buzzyness”.
That’s why ODMedia has developed a multiscreen solution that helps you provide these services to your audiences. The advantage of our solution is that you can deliver video content from a single file to any screen: connected TVs, pcs, tablets and phones, regardless of the operating system. This means that you have a full control over your content and your customers watch it whenever and wherever they like.
Some of our multiscreen solution’s features are:
- Multiple bitrates: the number of bitrates offered can be determined by provider and can range from e.g. 250 kbps for telephones with limited 3G access to 2.500 kbps for HD-quality streams on home networks.
- Adaptive streaming: the bitrate provided to the customer is continuously and automatically optimized for the device used and the available bandwidth.
- Cross-device playback tracking: when a customer is watching a video on one device and wants to continue watching it on another, it will automatically pick up playback where it left off.
- OS independent: the solution provides playback on all kinds and brands of devices, e.g. for Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android operating systems.
- DRM possible: it is possible to apply a variety of content protection measures on the videos, ranging from hashed, session-specific urls to the application of DRM using software like Microsoft’s WM DRM or PlayReady.
Let us know if you have any questions or remarks.